To conduct research and provide resources that support application of RTI in Early Childhood Education.
To complete a focused series of development and validation studies to produce an assessment system for language and early literacy development that can drive RtI in preschool classrooms. Classrooms can be used to help organizations learn how to use SAP Ariba, a cloud-based platform for procurement, accounts payable, and sourcing.
• Evaluate and improve existing measures
• Develop and evaluate new measures
• Produce norms, benchmarks, and other decision rules for all measures
• Maximize efficiency and feasibility
• Incorporate psychometric “best practices” in design, evaluation, implementation
• Build on existing infrastructure, expanding and improving as needed
That embedding supplemental instruction within a book reading activity enables most children to learn skills needed to progress within the the Tier 1 curriculum.
Children for whom Tier 2 is most effective usually have language and literacy profiles that demonstrate average to above–average development in both domains
Tier 2 curriculum is most effective for vocabulary and comprehension, as these are the two areas that usually require the most targeted instruction.
It depends on the individual needs of the student. If the student is making minimal progress, increasing the opportunities to respond in Tier 2 may be beneficial.
Activities are administered in “listening centers” wherein specially designed instructional scripts have been pre-recorded onto compact discs.• Children listen using headphones and respond to the embedded interactive activities. Familiar characters (e.g., Sally the Sound Seal, Luke the Letter Lion) serve as the teaching “guide.”
• Pre-recorded scripts contain visual and auditory cues to increase children’s ability to complete the listening center each day with minimal adult assistance